Monday, September 29, 2008

De Blob

On Friday after a little prodding from my kids and reading some good reviews for the game online, I picked up "De Blob" for the Wii.

Well this Monday morning my left hand is still a little sore from playing the game.

The kids and I took turns playing and between the music, the graphics, and the crazy cut scenes, this one is a blast. The whole game theme is fun - the oppression by the Inkts and how they're taking all the color and fun out of the word and turning people's misery into more black ink. You bounce around as a paint filled blob coloring everything that has been turned black and white including the people. Cute stuff. And it feeds my OCDish urges by having multiple things I can keep track of and try to complete in each level.

The only down side is it looks like it's not that long. I'm already at the final level after this weekend, but there is also a multi-player mode to try out.

So if you're looking for a little diversion, and have enjoyed games like Super Mario Galaxy, Banjo Kazooie, and Donkey Kong 64, give it a whirl, it's at least worth a rental.

No comments: