Friday, September 26, 2008

Sturdy Boots and Thick Rubber Gloves

I don't know about everyone else, but I hate to stick my hand into the bottom of a water filled sink after doing dishes to drain it. Inevitably you encounter a mass of muck and it would always make me shudder even though it's really not that big of a deal.

Besides the sink, as a mom, there are messes I don't even want to describe that I've had to deal with, and my husband is more squeamish than me, so it tends to be me cleaning them up. Why is it that when kids are going to throw up, they come and tell you first?

Add into that clogged toilets, unidentifiable smelly things in the yard, and there are just so many thing out there you have to deal with, but really wish you didn't have to touch.

So I get squeamish too, but I found the cure. All I need is a hefty pair of waterproof boots and some good thick rubber gloves and I feel like I could tackle anything! No smell, horrible composition, or stickiness is too much for me to handle, I feel like superman when I'm properly equipped.

My only wish is when the fur starts to fly at work I could come similarly equipped so I could have that feeling of invincibility. But somehow, I think showing up for a software meeting with my boots and gloves on might raise a few eyebrows.

No comments: