Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Can I be excused, my brain is full!

So I can tell I'm frazzled. Instead of a ramble yesterday, and a movie write up today, I did the movie yesterday in a rush.

My company was acquired and I've been in orientation all this week, and my head is swimming with all the information that's been thrown at me.

So I'm trying to come to grips with what's going on, and it's really a good situation. How can I complain, I've been continuously employed for more than 15 years. Considering what's happened in software in that time, that's not bad. And considering the current economic times, it's even better!

So I'm jumping in over my head, hopefully I'll come up swimming like I usually do and I'll get some enjoyment and great experience from this new opportunity.

At the same time, since I'm planning to retire in 11 years, as much fun as this might be, I'm ready to settle down with a company. I would prefer to have been somewhere more than 5 years leading up to retirement. Will it be this one? I hope so!

No comments: