Friday, September 4, 2009

The Perfect Response

I was goofing around in one of the capital cities of World of Warcraft on my way from here to there very early in the morning (I often play between 4 and 5 AM) when a conversation caught my attention.

One of the things I love about playing an MMORPG in contrast to some adventure game I'd play alone is the game world is alive with real people, and I'm not the center of attention in the story line. It makes it much more entertaining than playing alone on one of my game consoles.

So the conversation goes like this (now this conversation is not private, but those talking are broadcasting what they're saying to everyone in all the capital cities):

One person to some other player: "are you a girl in RL?"
Another: "no girls play wow"
Another: "once they make female sex robots, women will be obsolete!"

I practically laughed out loud and thought of the perfect response...

"If they invent female sex robots, men will be occupied 27/7 and women will take over the world...muahaha!"

Now if I had said this, it would be a dead giveaway that I was a woman. And with that I'd likely have to deal with questions, requests, and who knows what other stuff. Although I suppose if I told them I was a mom of 3 that was pushing 50, perhaps that would have curbed their enthusiasm.

But I refrained and went along my way smiling at the silliness of it all. Perhaps I should make a temporary character just to pop on with to make snappy responses. Hmmm...

No comments: