Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crimes and Misdemeanors

So this is my last post that is part of my September challenge. So I'll definitely be taking a bit of a break after this to recharge a bit! But still, it's been fun!

So the last movie I will write about on this Wednesday is Woody Allen's 1989 picture Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Personally this is my favorite dramatic (but at times funny as well) Woody Allen movie. It revolves around many themes I'm interested in, and really leads to a satisfying conclusion.

I think some may not like it, perhaps those who believe there is a certain order in the universe, karma if you will. But this film reflects the reality of the human condition, the real consequences of our actions and the results of our aspirations better than almost any other movie I've seen.

And so this is one of those movies I always love to show someone if they haven't seen it before, and then you get to talk about it again and again afterwords. Those are truly my favorite movies, the ones that start conversations, discussions, and debates.

I don't want to spoil it too much, but here's the initially lighthearted trailer that gives you glimpses of what is at the dark heart of this movie. Give it a watch, you'll either like it, or it will bug you like crazy, but I doubt you'll be neutral about it.

No comments: