Monday, September 7, 2009

Mom's Pillow

Maybe around 5 years ago or so somehow my husband and I were talking about me wearing perfume in front of the kids.

To my surprise my middle son piped up in a clearly euraka-like moment and declared "So that's why your pillow smells nice!"

Incredulously I asked him - "You smell my pillow?" And in the most sheepish way you can imagine he softly answered with a slow embarrassed "yes."

I mainly found it amusing, and felt bad that he was embarrassed. I could easily imagine him going up and laying down on my side of the bed and being comforted by the fact it smelled like me, he was only around 6 or 7 at the time.

But it's one of those little memories of the kids I treasure and I can't wait to share with them again when they're grown and have their own kids taking comfort in something that reminds them of their own parents.

No comments: